Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

3 months ALREADY!!

Like the last few posts, it's been a while. :)

I have a bit to catch up on since there has been so much time between my posts. The last time I posted, Mike and I were celebrating our 2-year wedding anniversary. We had a fantastic night at a sushi restaurant in Buckhead (Aja), but I couldn't wait to get home to my baby girl since it was the first time I had left her side for more than the time it takes to hop in & out of the shower (still then I was rushing through my showers). That next month flew by & I kept counting the days until I knew it was time to return to work & send Kaydee to daycare. I was back at work on November 3...the longest day of my life.

I dropped her off at 7:30 that morning since I was to be at work by 8:30. She slept on our way to school & was still asleep when I took her out of her seat to hand her off to the teacher. I wanted so badly for her to be awake so that she would see me go & not wake up thinking I had left her...little to my knowledge-not the case. She had a great day. When we picked her up, she was completely calm & hanging out with the fellow 'students'. I was so anxious to grab her & squeeze her.

It's gotten much much easier to take her in and go through the day without calling the school 10 times to check on her (I KNOW I was driving them crazy although they kept telling me otherwise). I still get so excited to pick her up & I look forward to that moment more than any other moment during the day.

We had our first bout with ear infections last week as well as RSV. I hope that is our LAST time dealing with that virus...she was miserable, in turn making mommy & daddy miserable as well. Our sweet little baby was no longer smiling or happy-she just wanted to cry & sleep all day and I just wanted to do anything I could to make her feel better. Mike kept saying he wished he could inherit the virus to take it away from her. The symptoms were supposed to last for weeks, but she seems to be doing much better now. She is smiling & cooing again & stays awake for more than 10 minutes!!

We had a very different Thanksgiving than we have ever had in the past. With Kaydee being so sick, we had just immediate family dinner at my parents' house + our good friend, Sean! Kaydee was so good for her being so sick.

We just celebrated her 3-month birthday on Monday (Nov 29) and she has changed so much since her birth day. We had some pics taken for Christmas as well as at White Oak Park for her 3-month pictures.








What she's up to now:
>She talks all the time-she is definitely going to be a chatterbox just like her mama!! She says, AGRGLRGGA and aaaagraaaaa.
>Blows bubbles ALL the time!!! We can't keep them off her lips. Once the bubbles are wiped away, she goes OUT of her way to create more. :)
>Bathtime is her favorite time! She can be so upset, but once she enters the bathtub, she just relaxes & splashes her feet to make a water mess all over. :) It makes me smile everytime she does it.
>Anytime I glance down at her while I am holding her (she is usually staring up at me or Mike), she gives us such a big smile like that is all she has been waiting for. We can't help to laugh at her and give her ten million kisses with every tiny smile.
>Although she smiles, she is very stingy with them & is usually giving us a look like we are crazy! All the things we try & do to her to get a smile I'm sure confirm her thoughts. lol
>No rolling over yet, but she tries her hardest to pull herself up when she is sitting in her bouncer or her swing. She flexes those tummy muscles & once she gets herself pulled up a little, she falls right back. I know she can't wait to be able to sit up on her own!
>She finally drinks 4 oz every 3 hours (better than what she was taking-2 oz every 2 hours!!) and wakes up once in the middle of the night for a feeding!

We had her 8-week check-up on November 2 & her stats were as follows:
*10.8 lbs
*23 in.
BOTH in the 50th percentile...along with her head size-which I can't remember at this point. She is just PERFECT!!!

The doctor said her next check up we will talk about spoon-feeding!

She had her last weight taken on November 29 & she weighed 12.1 lbs!!! She's growing so fast!! As much as I can't wait for her milestone moments, I try & enjoy every moment she gives us during each second she is with us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment