Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

More milestones

So, my birthday weekend went fantastic! We went to Lenox mall to shop and eat lunch and then headed back to my parents' house for a steak grill out. We had ice cream cake & had a great time just hanging out. It was 11pm before we got home & it was the first time in months that we had been out past 8pm for sake of messing up Kaydee's perfect little schedule we have her on. :)

Kaydee has done some pretty impressive things this past weekend & what better time to do them but for her mommy's birthday.
**She started playing peek-a-boo and initiating the game herself by pulling the blanket up over her face & pulling it down waiting on us to scream, "PEEK-A-BOO" and her giggle hysterically.

**She also started saying "da da" and says it all the time. It's now her favorite thing to say & Mike told me it was the best day of his life!!!! Mike is not the most emotional person alive and the fact that he said that made me cry. (I know-cheesy) At first we thought she just said it because it was something fun to say, but she really belts it at Mike. We have been pointing to him & calling him da da for the past week so she associates that word with him & it has really paid off. :) We are so proud of our little girl.

**She started eating puffs on her own. She picks them up with her itty bitty fingers & places them in her itty bitty mouth all by herself. We just put her in the high chair, shake some out on the tray & she is content for at least half an hour or more. She loves them & I was so happy to have something else to keep her occupied while I get stuff done, but I AGAIN find myself just watching her instead of doing what I had planned on doing to begin with. It's a vicious cycle.

Being a quarter-century old definitely has it's perks. Our car insurance has gone down (not by much, but it did), I can officially not sound like a child with a baby when I say I am 24...25 sounds MUCH better. :) I also met a goal of mine to be sure and have my first child by the time I hit 25. Weird goal, I know, but a goal none-the-less.

More updates to come after this weekend since K & I get to shower it up with our favorite friends, Elizabeth & Jaks for soon to be baby Henry!!! Can't wait!

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment