Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Girls Weekend & 6 mos

So, while Mike was away laying his grandpa to rest in Ohio, K bug and I had some nice alone time. We watched TV (caught up) and read books, applique'd shirts, and shopped. We shopped A LOT! My cousin is getting married & they are having a bridal shower, so I had to shop for a wedding gift! :) I love shopping for shower gifts. Kaydee did GREAT! She did a lot of reaching and feeling all over everything that caught her eye. If she couldn't reach it, she tried until I grabbed it & let her feel it. :) She is a doll.

Since February only has 28 days in it & my little was born on the 29th, I am celebrating her 6 mo birthday today! I am NOT even believing she is 6 months old already!! The time has FLOWN by & we are all but ready to have a mobile baby. I don't think I have much to worry about just yet since the little booger doesn't even attempt to roll over from tummy to back yet...she is so behind on this!!! I stress over it all the time & I keep hearing from my parents not to worry & that it will happen when she's ready, but I can't help but worry. Ugh-sorry-onto some better things. :)

At 6 mos, K bug is up to:

**Spitting! She spits all the time. When I get her up in the morning to get ready for school, she will barely even have her eyes open and she has started spitting. Not the gross manly spits that come from the back of their throats, but the little twerp spits that little kids do when they are being ugly. Only, Kaydee doesn't mean anything by it except that it tickles her lips & creates messes at dinner time. :)

**Wearing 6-12 month clothes. I put all of her 3-6 month clothes away-well, most of them. She officially outgrew them this past week when I was trying to squeeze her into my favorite outfit & realized it wasn't going anywhere. :( Summer clothes are so fun for girls, though. She is all set for summer!!!

**Trying to roll from back to tummy. She gets where her bottom is off the floor & her leg STARTS to push her over, but then she lets it go. It's going to happen soon, I think...but who knows.

**Sits up on her own for the most part. She can sit as long as she doesn't need her arms. She uses her abs amazingly, but once she starts getting unsteady & it's too much for her little core, she goes right over. I sometimes worry her arms have NO strength.

**Eating 2 meals a day from a spoon. I have started feeding her fruit in the mornings about an hour after her first bottle & veggies at night an hour before her last bottle. She does great, except for the first bullet above which makes meal time a little messier.

**Kisses kisses kisses. She gives kisses to daddy all the time. If Mike leans in for a peck on the cheek, she attempts to eat his face. :) We call them her kisses.

I don't have pics now, but we are going for pictures this weekend and I will have some then! :)

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment